This Data Protection Policy regulates the processing of personal data provided by the user through the web portal of the Centro de Astrobiología (hereinafter, CAB). This policy forms an integral part of the Legal Notice accessible at all times from the portal. CAB undertakes to comply with current legislation on the processing of personal data and, in particular, with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and the guarantee of digital rights.
Who is responsible for the processing of user data?
The data you provide by registering in our portal or sending e-mails will be included in the systems owned by CAB, at its headquarters in Villafranca del Castillo, Madrid. CAB guarantees that it will process the data in a lawful, fair, transparent, adequate, relevant, limited, accurate and up-to-date manner.
When do we collect data from users?
By “Personal Data” we mean any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, but is not limited to, name, surname, first name, postal and e-mail address, as well as telephone number.
- When filling in any of the forms available on the website: the user includes his or her e-mail address and the organisation to which he or she belongs.
- When sending e-mails
- When using our platform: we collect data from users when they use our platform through our own and third party cookies. If you want to know more, please consult our cookies policy.
For what purposes do we process users’ personal data?
The data you provide us will be used to deal with requests of various kinds from our users or for the processing of the corresponding procedure. Depending on the nature of the request, the purpose will pursue:
- The management and follow-up of queries and requests made by the user and sent by e-mail.
- Inclusion in our media list and newsletter registration requests via the forms provided for this purpose.
- Registration for courses, conferences or events.
- Electronic communications of an informative nature, in accordance with their interests.
- Processing of the relevant procedures.
Legitimation for the use of your personal data
We inform you that the processing of your data is legitimate:
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller;
- for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to the data controller;
- the data subject gave his or her consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
¿How long will we keep your data?
Personal data provided will be kept for the time necessary to deal with the request made by the user or as long as their deletion is not requested if the user has given his or her consent. In the case of procedures, they shall be kept for the periods legally established for each of the procedures. As a general rule, they shall be kept for the statutory limitation periods.
The data will be deleted in accordance with the provisions of the data protection regulations, which implies its blocking, being available only at the request of Judges and Courts, the Public Prosecutor’s Office or the competent Public Administrations during the period of limitation of any actions that may arise.
To whom do we disclose your data?
The portal owned by CAB contains links to third party websites whose privacy policies are different from those of CAB. By accessing such websites you can decide whether to accept their privacy and cookie policies. In general, if you browse the Internet you can accept or reject third party cookies from the configuration options of your browser.
Likewise, the data may be passed on to:
- State, regional and local public administrations, in compliance with legal obligations.
- Public bodies for the fulfilment of obligations directly enforceable on the Centro de Astrobiología.
- State security forces and bodies, in compliance with legal obligations.
- Courts and Tribunals, in compliance with legal obligations.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and portability of your data, of limitation and opposition to their processing, as well as the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on the automated processing of your data, where applicable, by sending an e-mail to the following address email@example.com. You can also contact the CSIC data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org. Where appropriate, you may also lodge a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Images and videos with personal data for websites and social networks
Images and videos published on the portal https://cab.inta-csic.es, as well as on the CAB’s social media profiles Facebook, Twitter, Instagram y YouTube are part of the Institute’s image and video processing with the aim of developing, directing and controlling the CAB’s communication policy and institutional image in the media and disseminating scientific and technological culture.
Once the user has joined any of the CAB’s social networks, he/she may publish comments, links, images or photographs or any other type of multimedia content supported by the social network. The user must, in all cases, be the owner of the contents, hold the copyright and intellectual property rights or have the consent of the third parties concerned. Any publication on the site, whether texts, graphics, photographs, videos, etc. that violate or are likely to violate morals, ethics, good taste or decorum, and/or that infringe, violate or infringe intellectual or industrial property rights, the right to image or the law, is expressly prohibited. In such cases, CAB reserves the right to immediately remove the content and may request the permanent blocking of the user.
The CAB shall not be held responsible for content freely posted by a user.
Users should be aware that their posts will be known to other users, so they are primarily responsible for their own privacy.
The images that may be published in the network will not be stored in any file by CAB, but they will remain in the social network.
If you consider that any of the images or videos published, both on the website and on the social networks mentioned above, may infringe any personal right, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, suppression, opposition, limitation and portability of the data at the following e-mail address protecciondatos+(@cab.inta-csic.es).
Under no circumstances may users make commercial use of the images and videos published on CAB’s website, magazines or social networks, nor may they alter them in any way, reproduce them beyond their private use, distribute them or communicate them publicly.