Centro de Astrobiología (CAB, CSIC-INTA) is offering 1 postdoctoral position within the María de Maeztu Excellence Program «Assesing the feasibility of life as a universal phenomenon through planetary exploration».
Title: “Biochemical characterisation of a protein of a hyperhalophilic microorganism involved in resistance to UV radiation”
- Demonstrating the binding capacity of the protein to UV-damaged DNA using different DNA molecules (plasmid, linear and oligonucleotides).
- Studying the molecular mechanism of DNA damage repair of this protein.
- Ensuring the proper use and operation of laboratory equipment and instruments and others in common use in the CAB.
- Attendance at congresses and scientific meetings.
- Drafting reports of the work carried out and scientific papers
- Participation in outreach activities
- In order to carry out the stated objectives, the recruitment of a PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Microbiology or related fields with a background in microbiology and/or molecular biology and biochemistry is required.
Duration: 6 month-contract
Place: CAB Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid)
More information: Eduardo González Pastor
The deadline for sending applications is 22 September, 2021.
Call and applications: https://www.inta.es/INTA/es/bolsa-de-empleo/oportunidad_1631083132224